What could be better than bacon & brussels sprouts…mmmh. Cast iron brussels sprouts incorporate new flavors of orange cranberries and bourbon maple syrup to take them over the top. Or was it the addition of goat cheese that did it?
Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts
Stovetop brussels sprouts cooked in a cast iron skillet with pecans, cranberries, and maple syrup.
- 1 lb Fresh Brussels Sprouts (cut in half)
- 4 slices Peppered Bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Dried Orange Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Broth (beef or vegetable)
- Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Add bacon to cast iron skillet on medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
To bacon, add brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, broth, and salt & pepper.
Cook until brussels sprouts are slightly softened, approximately 15 minutes.
Drizzle with maple syrup and toss. Continue cooking for 2-5 minutes until brussels sprouts are soft.
Top with goat cheese prior to serving.
Omit bacon for vegetarian/vegan option.