Bake the perfect holiday ham for your family and guests. This brown sugar & maple spiral ham recipe features a delightful twist on a time tested glaze. Substitute traditional maple syrup for the bourbon barrel aged variety and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Brown Sugar & Maple Spiral Ham
Bring your holiday dinner to life with a brown sugar and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup glazed ham!
- 4 lb Spiral Cut Ham
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Sea Salt (to taste)
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
100% pure maple syrup aged in small batch bourbon barrels for up to 18 months!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place oven rack in the bottom position.
- Set ham in baking dish.
- Place maple syrup, butter, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and spices in sauce pan on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture becomes a smooth syrup.
- Remove from heat and set aside 1/3rd of the mixture for basting at the end.
- Coat ham with remaining syrup. Making sure to get it in between the spiral cuts.
- Cover ham with baking lid or loose foil.
- Bake until ham registers an internal temperature of 100 degrees F. (Approximately 10 minutes per pound.)
- Remove from oven and uncover to baste ham with pan juices and remaining mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F and return uncovered ham to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes or until glaze forms.
- Remove ham from oven and serve.
- Add pineapple tidbits to basting mixture.
- Rest ham 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
We love hearing and seeing how this recipe turned out for you. Share your alternations, additions, and photos with us! Send them here.
One thought on “Brown Sugar & Maple Spiral Ham”