Cooking carrots can become boring. That’s why we’re here to save your family from those bland steamed carrots you’re making at least once a week. These bourbon citrus glazed carrots have the bright, citrus notes from a fresh orange mixed with the sweet, butterscotch taste of bourbon. Don’t worry…this recipe is family friendly!
Using bourbon aged maple to finish off the carrots, creates a sweet side everyone will love.
This recipe is best made with small, fresh carrots that require peeling. Yes, that might mean heading to the farmers’ market this weekend to pick up a bundle. Bagged baby carrots fair okay if needed in a pinch, but the taste of a truly fresh carrot doesn’t compare.
Bourbon Citrus Glazed Carrots
Tender carrots covered in an orange bourbon glaze.
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 1 large Orange
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1 Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Trim tops and peel carrots. Rinse in cool water and pat dry. Place in baking dish.
- Peel orange. Chop and add to carrots.
- Top with butter and salt.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
100% pure maple syrup aged in small batch bourbon barrels for up to 18 months!
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Drizzle maple over carrots, toss, and serve.
- In a pinch, bagged baby carrots will work well.
- For more of a fall holiday flavor, substitute chai maple for the bourbon.
- If you don’t have a baking dish, line a baking sheet with foil.
We love hearing and seeing how this recipe turned out for you. Share your alternations, additions, and photos with us! Send them here.