Making your home eco-friendly can seem daunting, yet it really doesn’t have to be. There are so many environmentally friendly products these days you probably haven’t considered or are already using without really knowing.
Eco-Friendly Swaps For The Home
While this is not an exhaustive list of green home products, it is a short list of attainable eco-friendly products you can switch to today!
- Wool Dryer Balls – I ditched my dryer sheets years ago. If you’re looking for something to add freshness and scent to your laundry, try adding a few drops of essential oil to the ball before placing it in the dryer.
- Metal or Silicone Straws – While I love a good paper straw, they still are single use products. Metal or silicone are good alternatives; they even make cushioned tips for the metal ones.
- White Vinegar – This one might be a little old school using vinegar as an all purpose cleaner however it eliminates the use of most chemical cleaners in the home! Mix it with baking soda, peroxide, or dawn for special cleaning jobs.
- Reusable Coffee Pods – Converting to a reusable pod for my Nespresso machine took some time to get used to [read: finding the right type of coffee to use was a bit of trial and error]. Look for an espresso grind when filling your own pod.
- Air Purifying Plants – If you’re looking to bring some nature indoors, choose a variety that helps purify the air. Snake plants are a personal favorite because they have so many different varieties. Pothos are a popular choice too.
- Glass Storage Containers – Food storage options have expanded so much and selecting glass storage containers like mason jars, and pyrex dishes allow you to store food as well as heat or freeze them too.
- Bidet – These are very popular in other cultures because they eliminate the excess use of toilet paper, save tons of trees, and provide better hygiene.
What eco-friendly swaps are you going to make?