Ditch your meteocre microwaved oats for a piping hot bowl of apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. At first, the title might give you the feeling you’re about to do a whole lot more work making the same version of those brand named pre-packaged instant oats. One glance at the ingredients should easily change your mind; they go something like this: oats, walnuts, apples, and BOURBON barrel aged maple syrup. Yes, we said it, bourbon for breakfast. (no alcohol content)
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Enjoy a warm slice of baked oatmeal with tender apples, notes of cinnamon & vanilla, and finished with a touch of bourbon maple.
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup Apple (peeled & diced)
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
100% pure maple syrup aged in small batch bourbon barrels for up to 18 months!
- Preheat oven to 350F and position oven rack in center.
- Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish. (cooking spray is okay here)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set and golden brown on top.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
- Use a variety of apple designed for baking: honey crisp, braeburn, mutsu, winesap, or pink lady.
- Rolled oats provide the best texture for this recipe however, quick cooking oats can be substituted.
- Top with a drizzle of warmed milk.
We love hearing and seeing how this recipe turned out for you. Share your alternations, additions, and photos with us! Send them here.
One thought on “Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal”