Asparagus always needs a friend or two. Transform an often bitter vegetable into a delicious maple glazed bacon-wrapped asparagus with this recipe. The salty sweet combination of bacon and maple paired with asparagus make for a create side dish to any meal.
Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Bundles of petite asparagus wrapped snuggly in a smoky, salty piece of bacon and covered in a deliciously sweet glaze of maple.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Divide asparagus into 8 even bundles.
- Cut bacon in half horizontally (short ways). You should now have 8 half pieces.
- Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around one bunch of asparagus. Repeat with all bundles. Lay wrapped bundle on a prepared baking pan.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, and pepper in a small. Pour sauce mixture over asparagus bunches then place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove bundles from oven and brush on the maple syrup. Return to oven and increase the heat to broil for 3 minutes.
- Smaller asparagus stalks provide the best taste.
- Make sure ends of bacon are secured under the bunch of asparagus to make sure they don’t come apart while baking.
- Once you start to broil the bundles, watch closely. You will want to remove them as soon as they reach your desired crispiness.
- Grill your bundles instead of baking them after coating with the sauce mixture. Flip once half way through then brush with the maple syrup.