Asparagus always needs a friend or two. Transform an often bitter vegetable into a delicious maple glazed bacon-wrapped asparagus with this recipe. The salty sweet combination of bacon and maple paired with asparagus make for a create side dish to any meal.
Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Bundles of petite asparagus wrapped snuggly in a smoky, salty piece of bacon and covered in a deliciously sweet glaze of maple.
- 1 lb Asparagus (with the ends trimmed)
- 4 slices Center Cut Bacon
- 2 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pepper (to taste)
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
100% pure maple syrup aged in small batch bourbon barrels for up to 18 months!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Divide asparagus into 8 even bundles.
- Cut bacon in half horizontally (short ways). You should now have 8 half pieces.
- Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around one bunch of asparagus. Repeat with all bundles. Lay wrapped bundle on a prepared baking pan.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, and pepper in a small. Pour sauce mixture over asparagus bunches then place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove bundles from oven and brush on the maple syrup. Return to oven and increase the heat to broil for 3 minutes.
- Smaller asparagus stalks provide the best taste.
- Make sure ends of bacon are secured under the bunch of asparagus to make sure they don’t come apart while baking.
- Once you start to broil the bundles, watch closely. You will want to remove them as soon as they reach your desired crispiness.
- Grill your bundles instead of baking them after coating with the sauce mixture. Flip once half way through then brush with the maple syrup.
We love hearing and seeing how this recipe turned out for you. Share your alternations, additions, and photos with us! Send them here.
3 thoughts on “Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus”